Personal information we collect and process
Because Grid Assurance operates on a business-to-business (B2B) model, the categories and volume of personal information we collect and process is limited to:
- Business contact information – This category includes information such as your name, your organization’s name, your job title or role, your business address, your business phone number and your business email address.
- Network and information security information – This category includes information such as your IP address, network location, operating system, browser, and URLs of pages you visit on our site.
How we collect personal information
There are several different ways you may share personal information with us:
- By filling out a form on our website – If you ask us to contact you, you will need to provide sufficient business contact information to enable the contact.
- By contacting us in person, over the phone or through email – If you contact us, it is likely that you will provide your business contact information to enable future contact.
- Passively through our website. We collect network and information security information when you visit our website. Also, our site uses “cookies” to help personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your computer’s hard disk, mobile phone or other device by a website server. Cookies do not damage your device. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can accept or decline cookies at any time by modifying your browser setting. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to experience fully some features of our website.
How we use personal information (business purpose)
- We use your business contact information to communicate with you about the provision or potential provision of Grid Assurance services to the organization you represent.
- We use the network and information security information that we collect to ensure the security of our systems and data, including the personal information that you share with us.
Third party links and add-ins
We do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, please contact us.